This activity is part of the Managing Study Stress series of four video-based 20-minute discussion activities.
Research shows that slowing down the heart rate can increase feelings of calmness in the body. This activity provides students with an opportunity to use the ReachOut Breathe app to control their breath and measure their heart rate. This has been shown to be helpful in decreasing the onset of stress symptoms such as shortness of breath, increased heart rate and a tightening of the chest.
About this resource:
- 20-minute app-based discussion activity
- Students collaboratively trial a breathing exercise
- Students connect with other based on sharing experiences
You must be logged in to view this resource
Register your details to access our professional development modules and resources.
- Free professional development resources
- [Optional] Receive updates about new resources to use in your work
- [Optional] Receive our Schools newsletter with health tools and tips.
Already have an account? Log in here