Students need to feel empowered not only to help others, but also to help themselves. This activity gives students the opportunity to role play difficult conversations they may have with friends.
- Students are able to articulate how they can support each other.
By the end of the lesson, students will be able to:
- recognise different strategies they can use to help themselves
- recognise that they can help those around them.
Instructions 5 min
Ask students to complete the following sentences. You may choose to have students answer verbally or write down their responses.
- If I know someone who needs a break from study, I can…
- If I’m worried that a friend is putting too much pressure on themselves, I can…
- If I notice that a friend isn’t coping, I can…
- Discuss with students what they suggested for each statement.
Create an account to view the resource
Create an account to access all of our resources and recieve our newsletter with health tools & tips, and upcoming teaching resources.Create account
Already have an account? Log in here.