By sharing thoughts and experiences with each other, students can form a sense of belonging within the classroom. This can strengthen connections and relationships between students.
- Students learn to share experiences they have had over a holiday break, weekend or other event. This helps them to feel connected and learn more about each other.
By the end of the lesson, students will be able to:
- share their experiences with confidence
- communicate effectively with their peers.
Instructions 5 min
This activity is a great way for students to share experiences they have had over a holiday break or weekend.
- Ask students to sit in a circle and throw the potato (or a small ball) to one another from left to right.
- Play music while the students are throwing the object.
- Every ten seconds or so, stop the music. The student who is left holding the object is required to say:
- one thing they did over the break
- one good thing they have experienced today
- one reason why they were looking forward to coming back to school.
Create an account to view the resource
Create an account to access all of our resources and recieve our newsletter with health tools & tips, and upcoming teaching resources.Create account
Already have an account? Log in here.