If you’re experiencing bullying, looking after yourself can help reduce your stress levels and make you feel more positive and hopeful.
Students will be able to explain self-care tips that can be used if they have experienced bullying.
By the end of the lesson, students will be able to:
- describe some self-care tips for students to use after a bullying experience
- identify the self-care strategies they would find most beneficial to use after a bullying experience.
Instructions 5 min
- As a group, watch the ReachOut.com video clip ‘Ways to look after yourself if you’re experiencing bullying’, which shares self-care tips from young people who have experienced bullying.
- Ask the students to work with a partner and discuss the following:
'What are five practical ways someone can take care of themselves after a bullying experience?'
- Ask the student pairs to write their ideas on sticky notes and place them on a whole-class list on butcher’s paper or a whiteboard.
- Share the students’ ideas as a group. Ask them to write down three strategies they would find useful in this situation.
Experiencing bullying can have a negative impact on your mental health and wellbeing. Identifying ways to look after yourself if you are bullied can be a helpful self-care strategy.
More information for students:
Create an account to view the resource
Create an account to access all of our resources and recieve our newsletter with health tools & tips, and upcoming teaching resources.Create account
Already have an account? Log in here.