Friendships are sometimes hard to maintain and navigate if someone leaves school or moves away. However, they are an important source of support for young people. Sometimes, students can neglect relationships and let them slip away. In this activity, students watch a video where Josh and Nathan chat about how they've stayed good mates after Nathan left school to work full-time.
- Students explore ways to maintain close relationships when a friend moves away or leaves school.
By the end of the lesson, students will be able to:
- explain how to maintain relationships after school.
Instructions 5 min
- Provide access to the ReachOut.com video ‘How Josh and Nathan keep the bromance alive’.
- Ask students the following questions:
- What was the key message?
- How did the boys stay in touch?
- Why are friendships like this one important?
- With a partner or individually, discuss how you think you’ll each go about maintaining a close relationship once you or a friend leaves school. Do you think you will be able to maintain a friendship like Nathan and Josh have done?
Explain to students that, despite circumstances changing, friendships don't need to change, too. There are so many different ways to support each other, although it can take a little bit of extra effort.
Create an account to view the resource
Create an account to access all of our resources and recieve our newsletter with health tools & tips, and upcoming teaching resources.Create account
Already have an account? Log in here.