Unfortunately, not all friendships are healthy and students may not be able to identify warning signs of a toxic or unhealthy relationship. It is important to help students not only identify these signs but to think about what they can do if they find themselves in one. Use this quiz to support students through this process.
Students examine the warning signs of toxic friendships and consider whether they are in one.
By the end of the lesson, students will be able to:
- Define toxic friendships
- Identify warning signs of toxic friendships
Instructions 5 minutes
- Ask students to think about a friendship they have.
- Ask students to access the ReachOut.com Quiz: Are you in a toxic friendship?
- Students complete the quiz independently.
- After completing the quiz, invite students to discuss the following questions with a partner:
- Was your friendship healthy, toxic or somewhere in between?
- Has the quiz changed the way you think about your friendship?
- Why is doing a quiz like this helpful?
- Did you look at any of the suggested resources?
Create an account to view the resource
Create an account to access all of our resources and recieve our newsletter with health tools & tips, and upcoming teaching resources.Create account
Already have an account? Log in here.