Burnout happens when someone is mentally, emotionally and physically exhausted. Students may experience burnout when struggling to meet the demands of work and study. It is important for students to recognise the symptoms of burnout and to understand what supportive actions and systems are in place to help them.
Students will learn to recognise the warning signs of burnout and to propose strategies for managing it.
By the end of the lesson, students will be able to:
- recognise the signs of burnout
- identify what actions they will take (stop, start or continue) to prevent or manage burnout symptoms.
Instructions 5 min
- Students access and complete ReachOut’s ‘Are you burning out?’ quiz online using devices/laptops.
- Students write three headings in their workbooks: ‘Stop’, ‘Start’ and ‘Continue’.
- Reflecting on their individual quiz results, students write under the headings the actions they will stop, start and/or continue to take.
- Optional: Students share their answers as a whole class, with the teacher writing the answers on the whiteboard or digital equivalent.
Teacher note: You could also use a digital collaboration tool such as Padlet, Google Docs or Mentimeter to easily collate the class's responses.
Create an account to view the resource
Create an account to access all of our resources and recieve our newsletter with health tools & tips, and upcoming teaching resources.Create account
Already have an account? Log in here.