This meditation uses the focused meditation technique to develop kindness and acceptance in a frustrating situation such as when waking up early on the weekend. It gives students a chance to practise acceptance when faced with difficult situations, which can help in developing an emotionally calm state.
- Students learn to meditate through practising acceptance and showing kindness.
By the end of the lesson, students will be able to
- accept things for the way they are and focus on the path forward.
Instructions 5 min
Invite students to sit in a comfortable position, with back straight and hands resting on their legs, desk or lap.
- As a group, watch the video clip I woke up early on the weekend meditation.
- Working in groups, ask your students to brainstorm situations where kindness and acceptance would help them to manage their emotional state. Record these ideas on butcher’s paper.
- Invite students to share their ideas with the group.
This activity uses focused meditation to meditate on acceptance and kindness. Acceptance, which is the opposite of either pushing an experience away or longing for an experience, encourages students to cope with the way things are. The first step in moving forward is recognising where they are and finding a way to accept this.
Create an account to view the resource
Create an account to access all of our resources and recieve our newsletter with health tools & tips, and upcoming teaching resources.Create account
Already have an account? Log in here.