Self-care doesn’t have to be expensive. This activity provides students with an opportunity to discuss different low-cost ways to chill out, and provides teachers with ways to create self-care opportunities for students at school.
- Students develop simple and practical strategies for self-care.
By the end of the lesson, students will be able to:
- identify cheap and practical strategies for practising self-care
- indicate self-care strategies that work for them as individuals.
Instructions 5 min
As a group, read through the infographic Ways to chill for cheap.
- Ask students to discuss with a partner the strategies from this infographic that they would use to manage stress, and to explain why they’ve chosen these strategies.
- Using the suggestions from the infographic and their own ideas, students develop one practical strategy to implement at school to help other students chill for cheap.
- Ask students to respond to these questions:
- Explain what your strategy is, and describe its potential benefits for the school community.
- Develop a plan of action for implementing this strategy at school. Consider where this could be done, the resources required, and ways you would promote this initiative to the school community.
- Ask students to share their ideas as a whole class and consider ways they might be able to build these strategies into the school day.
Self-care doesn’t need to be an expensive or time-consuming process. Thinking of simple and practical ways to build self-care into the school day can make a significant difference to the wellbeing of the whole school community.
Create an account to view the resource
Create an account to access all of our resources and recieve our newsletter with health tools & tips, and upcoming teaching resources.Create account
Already have an account? Log in here.