Around the world, there is currently a lot of uncertainty and panic around coronavirus (COVID-19). Students may be feeling overwhelmed, stressed and anxious. It is important to reassure them that this is a very normal response. Supporting them to find and apply self-care strategies that they can do by themselves at home is vital for their mental health and wellbeing. Teaching your students about self-care will help them feel a little better and give them a sense of control during a very uncertain time.
Students will learn about things they can do at home to take care of themselves during this time of uncertainty.
By the end of the lesson, students will be able to:
- identify self-care strategies they can follow at home
- explore new things they would like to try for their wellbeing.
Instructions 5 min
Explain to students that while it can be tough not being able to see friends or leave home, there are lots of things they can do to look after themselves. Practising these self-care tips will help students feel a little better and give them a sense of control during a very uncertain time.
- Provide access to the ReachOut.com article '10 ways to take care of yourself during coronavirus'.
- Encourage students to explore the provided links for the tips they are interested in.
- Ask students to share two of the tips they think they would enjoy. These could be shared through an online learning platform, with a partner, or as a class group.
- Beside each tip, tally how many students would use each one to create a ‘top 5’ for the class.
Create an account to view the resource
Create an account to access all of our resources and recieve our newsletter with health tools & tips, and upcoming teaching resources.Create account
Already have an account? Log in here.