When physical distancing was introduced across Australia, we all had to adapt the ways in which we communicated and connected with each other. If your students find themselves physically distancing again due to coronavirus (COVID-19), this lesson will support them in remaining connected to their friends.
Students will be able to identify a variety of strategies for remaining connected to their friends.
By the end of the lesson, students will be able to:
- describe strategies for remaining socially connected
- identify different platforms available that enable them to remain socially connected.
Instructions 5 min
- Provide students with access to the ReachOut.com video 'Staying socially connected during coronavirus- with FlexMami'.
- While the video is playing, ask students to mindmap the information and tips given. They could use symbols, images or words.
- Ask students:
- What did you like/not like about the video?
- Of the strategies suggested in the video, which is your favourite?
- What are some things we need to consider when using online technologies to connect?
Note: Access the eSafety Commissioner website if you are seeking information about the technology and platforms suggested.
Create an account to view the resource
Create an account to access all of our resources and recieve our newsletter with health tools & tips, and upcoming teaching resources.Create account
Already have an account? Log in here.