Friendship groups play an important role in the lives of adolescents. Each group has their own strengths and reasons for connecting. Sometimes, members of a friendship can fall into negative patterns and not support each other in a positive way. This lesson asks students to complete a quiz to assess their own friendships and the interactions they have within their group.
Students evaluate how healthy their relationship groups are.
By the end of the lesson, students will be able to:
- identify reasons their friendship group gets along
- determine whether they are part of a healthy friendship group
Quiz: How healthy is your friendship group? 5 minutes
- Ask students to access the ReachOut.com Quiz: How healthy is your friendship group?
- Students to complete questions and read the information provided.
- Ask students, as per their results, what type of friendship group are they in?
Everyone has room to grow. Encouraging students to think about whether they could be a better friend will help them strengthen their friendships. Students need to make sure they regularly evaluate their friendships to see if they are surrounding themselves with people that build them up and support them.
Create an account to view the resource
Create an account to access all of our resources and recieve our newsletter with health tools & tips, and upcoming teaching resources.Create account
Already have an account? Log in here.