ReachOut Orb will no longer be available after Term 4, 2020.
We will be focusing our efforts on a new wellbeing tool, to better help teachers support their students.
Build your Year 9-10 student’s skills in positivity and resilience
Written by award-winning positive education experts Dr. Toni Noble and Dr. Helen McGrath
100% free for any school to use!
Resource is designed to map to the Australian CurriculumSee what curriculum it covers
ReachOut Orb is mapped to the Australian Curriculum HPE, NSW PDHPE Curriculum and the Australian Curriculum: General Capabilities.
- Health and Wellbeing (Year 9–10)
- Being Healthy, safe and active
- Communicating and interacting for health and wellbeing
- Self and Relationships
- Individual and community health
For more detail, it's in the Teacher's Resource PDF.
Evidence based, skills focused
78% of students recall skill, attitude, or behaviours on building and maintaining positive relationships.
Identifying character and ability strengths
Students will identify their character strengths to create their own personalised avatar.
- Buffer against and overcome problems
- Improving relationships
Increase positive emotions with gratitude
Students will need to to identify and explain 3 good things that happened to them to progress in the game.
- Evidence based approach to experience positive emotions
- Increase in thankfulness and gratitude
Building relationships through empathy
Students will need to problem solve and choose positive and empathetic responses in their dialog to proceed.
- Building empathy and compassion to others
- Experiencing other's perspective and points of view
A great opportunity for kids to explore positive education, positive psychology and their own emotion, to celebrate their strengths and their characteristics that they do have. I think it is fantastic and would highly recommend it."
PDHPE Teacher, NSW