It is sometimes hard as a bystander to intervene in or stand up to bullying behaviour because we fear we may become the target of the behaviour. This lesson will explore some practical strategies for standing up against bullying behaviour in a safe and respectful way.
Students will be able to develop and practise using strategies for standing up to bullying behaviour.
By the end of the lesson, students will be able to:
- understand the role bystanders play in stopping bullying behaviour
- implement practical strategies for calling out bullying.
Classroom discussion: Bystanders 5 min
- Discuss with students the prevalence of bystanders witnessing bullying behaviour in school:
- Ask students to stand up if they have witnessed bullying behaviour in or around school or online.
- Ask students to remain standing if they wished they had responded differently as a bystander.
Create an account to view the resource
Create an account to access all of our resources and recieve our newsletter with health tools & tips, and upcoming teaching resources.Create account
Already have an account? Log in here.