When a young person is experiencing a mental health issue such as anxiety or depression, it is helpful for them to access professional help. This lesson will support your students in knowing how and where to access professional help.
Students develop an understanding of how to access professional help to support them through a mental health issue.
By the end of the lesson, students will be able to:
- understand some of the challenges in accessing professional help for a mental health difficulty
- explain how and where to access professional help for a mental health difficulty.
Case study video: Managing depression 15 min
- Students watch the video ‘How Bella managed depression’.
- Discuss with a partner:
- What were some of the challenges Bella experienced in seeking help for her depression?
- Why did Bella find ReachOut a helpful support service?
- What other support services would have been helpful for Bella to access?
- Answer: school counsellor, GP, Headspace, online supports and phone lines.
Create an account to view the resource
Create an account to access all of our resources and recieve our newsletter with health tools & tips, and upcoming teaching resources.Create account
Already have an account? Log in here.