By working on our mental and physical health and wellbeing, we can better manage challenges in our everyday life. In this lesson, students use a case study to identify simple steps and strategies for enhancing their mental and physical health and wellbeing.
Students learn that looking after their mental and physical health and wellbeing can help them to manage challenges in their everyday life.
By the end of the lesson, students will be able to:
- recognise the importance of looking after themselves
- identify steps and strategies they can use to enhance their mental and physical health and wellbeing.
Instructions 5 min
- Students read the ReachOut case study My 3 steps to wellbeing, in which a young person outlines a three-step plan for staying calm, healthy and mindful in their everyday life.
- Ask students to divide a page in their notebooks into three columns with the following headings:
- Healthy body
- Calm mind
- Organised life.
- Healthy body: I could take a walk a few times a week.
- Calm mind: I could try practising mindfulness.
- Organised life: I could make a to-do list at the start of the week.
Debrief: Explain to students that working on practical steps like these can help them to manage their overall health and wellbeing if they’re feeling stressed, run-down or are having trouble looking after themselves. For more helpful information, direct students to:
Create an account to view the resource
Create an account to access all of our resources and recieve our newsletter with health tools & tips, and upcoming teaching resources.Create account
Already have an account? Log in here.