Self-care, mindfulness and relaxation are as important for our wellbeing as exercise. In this lesson, students complete a quiz to explore a range of chill options tailored to their individual habits and personalities.
Students will explore and select strategies to promote their personal health and wellbeing.
By the end of the lesson, students will be able to:
- understand a variety of ways to mindfully chill
- recognise the importance of self-care and relaxation.
Instructions 5 min
- Students spend two minutes completing the ReachOut quiz What’s your chill style? on their devices. Students’ results are displayed on the last page of the quiz with a profile (e.g. The Fitness Fanatic, The Chiller), along with a description and list of activities.
- Students complete a ‘Find Someone Who’ activity. They find someone else in the class who got the same result as them and discuss an activity from their results they will engage in. If there is anyone with a lone result, they can join a group with a similar result.
- Exit ticket: Students select one of the activities from their results and discuss why it would be a great way for them to chill. Optional: students complete the chill-style activity at home and share how it made them feel in the following lesson.
Create an account to view the resource
Create an account to access all of our resources and recieve our newsletter with health tools & tips, and upcoming teaching resources.Create account
Already have an account? Log in here.