When students learn to look after themselves, it builds their self-confidence and helps them focus more on the positive things in their life. There are some steps students can take to encourage the habit of self-care.
Students realise that resilient individuals take good care of themselves and spend time developing the habit of self-care.
By the end of the lesson, students will be able to:
- recognise the importance of looking after themselves
- identify personal self care strategies.
Instructions 5 min
Using the article How to be awesome at self-care, lead students through 5 steps to better self-care:
- Take time for a vibe booster.
- Pump up the positive vibes.
- Log out to chill out.
- Take yourself on a date.
- Write it down.
Students trace their hand on a piece of paper and write on each finger outline specific strategies for the suggestion. For example:
- Take time for a vibe booster: Listen to music.
- Pump up the positive vibes: I’m good at reading.
- Log out to chill out: No social media before school.
- Take yourself on a date: Buy an ice cream and sit in the park.
- Write it down: Journal for 15 minutes.
Create an account to view the resource
Create an account to access all of our resources and recieve our newsletter with health tools & tips, and upcoming teaching resources.Create account
Already have an account? Log in here.