Being able to control impulses and reactions to different situations is an important skill. This activity asks students to stop and think before they react.
Students understand that managing their impulses allows them to handle conflict more effectively.
By the end of the lesson, students will understand that:
- being resilient involves controlling their impulses
- there are many kinds of impulses.
Instructions 5 min
- Explain the Think–Impulse Strategy:
- Stop. Think. (Delay your response.)
- Think of three responses. (Don’t say anything until you have thought of three responses.)
Create an account to view the resource
Create an account to access all of our resources and recieve our newsletter with health tools & tips, and upcoming teaching resources.Create account
Already have an account? Log in here.