This interpersonal skills lesson plan for students, focuses on inclusivity and building respect in the relationships in their lives. Students explore ways to celebrate diversity and identify the interpersonal skills that help in forming respectful relationships and what influences inclusivity in relationships.
- Students explore what constitutes respectful relationships, what influences inclusivity and equality in relationships, and how to seek help if something isn’t right.
By the end of the lesson, students will be able to:
- analyse factors and strategies that enhance inclusivity, equality and respectful relationships
- articulate interpersonal skills to build and maintain respectful and inclusive relationships
- evaluate factors that shape identities, and analyse how individuals impact the identities of others
- articulate support available to themselves and others.
Picture this! Interpersonal skills: Empathy 10 min
- Access images sourced from magazines and newspapers, and from Twitter, Pinterest/Instagram.
- Students choose an image they see as being representative of showing empathy (acknowledging the feelings of others).
- Whole-class discussion: What is empathy, and what does it look like, feel like and sound like in relationships? Students offer answers as to why they chose that particular image.
Create an account to view the resource
Create an account to access all of our resources and recieve our newsletter with health tools & tips, and upcoming teaching resources.Create account
Already have an account? Log in here.