Engaging with social media platforms often involves sharing large amounts of personal information. When sharing these details, understanding the privacy surrounding this is critical. Teaching students about the complexity of privacy in the digital age helps them to make informed decisions when sharing content.
- Students will understand the importance of privacy settings on social media.
By the end of the lesson, students will be able to:
- understand the complexity of privacy on social media.
Instructions 5 min
- As a class, ask students to answer these questions:
- What is privacy?
- What does privacy look like on social media?
- Why do we need to think about privacy in relation to social media?
- Debrief with students. Explain that engaging with social media platforms often involves sharing large amounts of personal information, and that it is important to make safe choices about where and how information is shared.
- Refer students to the eSafety Commissioners 'eSafety Guide' for more information about the latest games, apps and social media, including how to protect information and report inappropriate content.
Create an account to view the resource
Create an account to access all of our resources and recieve our newsletter with health tools & tips, and upcoming teaching resources.Create account
Already have an account? Log in here.