Finding a balance when using social media can be challenging for students. By managing and reducing online activity when needed, students will have more free time and be more focused.
Students understand ways to manage social media use.
By the end of the lesson, students will be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of ways to manage their social media use.
Instructions 5 min
- Ask students to read ReachOut.com’s article ‘5 ways to tame your social media use’.
- Divide students into pairs and allocate one of the five tips:
- Keep apps out of sight, so they’re out of mind
- Use apps to help you limit your time on social media
- Spend an hour a week on at least one screen-free hobby
- Enjoy a phone-free dinner
- Leave your phone outside the bedroom
- Students select ONE of the tips.
- Students creatively demonstrate how they could follow their chosen tip.
- Students might want to draw a picture, create a short video or poster, write a poem or short story, or may have other creative ideas.
- Invite students to share their creative demonstration with the class. These could be displayed within the classroom as a reminder.
Tip: It’s a good idea to start this activity by asking students if they use social media and, if so, how often.
Create an account to view the resource
Create an account to access all of our resources and recieve our newsletter with health tools & tips, and upcoming teaching resources.Create account
Already have an account? Log in here.