Bullying is a critical issue for schools, as it can lead to negative impacts for the person being bullied, bystanders, the person doing the bullying and the school. Providing opportunities for students to understand what constitutes bullying, and to learn to recognise it within their school community, is a key part of an effective bullying prevention program.
- Students can understand what constitutes bullying, and undertake an audit of bullying behaviour at their school.
By the end of the lesson, students will be able to:
- identify the different behaviours associated with bullying
- understand that bullying behaviour is never okay
- recognise bullying behaviour
- be aware of the prevalence of bullying behaviour in their school.