Students examine mental health services available within their community.
- Students can identify local services that support their mental health needs.
By the end of the lesson, students will be able to:
- identify local services available to support their mental health needs
- assess the effectiveness of local services in meeting their needs.
Instructions 5 min
- Ask students to write down five local services they could access for a mental health issue – e.g. GP, youth service, school counsellor, Headspace.
- For each service, rank how likely they would be to access this service using the following colour code:
- red: would not use
- yellow: might use
- green: would use.
- Ask students what criteria they used to complete this task – e.g. cost, confidentiality, location.
- Ask students, for the services marked red, what would make it more likely for them to access the service.
For more information, check out ‘Support services for depression’.
Create an account to view the resource
Create an account to access all of our resources and recieve our newsletter with health tools & tips, and upcoming teaching resources.Create account
Already have an account? Log in here.