Mindfulness can be a really helpful skill when it comes to keeping a clear headspace during stressful and challenging situations. In this lesson, students watch a video case study, practise some simple mindfulness exercises, then take on the roles of ‘mentor’ and ‘mentee’ to help each other build mindfulness skills.
Students will learn about using mindfulness techniques to face life’s challenges, and practise offering advice to help others.
By the end of the lesson, students will be able to:
- understand how mindfulness techniques can be used to manage stressful situations and daily challenges
- practise mindfulness exercises
- promote mental fitness by encouraging mindfulness skills in others.
Video case study: How can mindfulness be useful? 15 min
- Begin by introducing the topic of mindfulness to students. Explain that it can be a really effective skill for managing life’s challenges and stresses.
- As a class, watch the ReachOut video Mindfulness with the Roulettes.
- After watching the video, have a class discussion using these prompt questions:
- What did you learn from Flight Lieutenant Daniel Armstrong about mindfulness?
- How might this skill be useful in your daily life and when facing challenges?
- Can you think of any situations where you might need to stay calm and focused, like the Roulettes team?
Create an account to view the resource
Create an account to access all of our resources and recieve our newsletter with health tools & tips, and upcoming teaching resources.Create account
Already have an account? Log in here.