Students identify one goal they wish to achieve and look at ways to keep motivated to achieve it.
- Students aim to identify one goal they wish to achieve and look at strategies to stay motivated to achieve it.
By the end of the lesson, students will be able to:
- identify one goal that they aim to achieve
- understand the difference between positive and negative motivation
- identify a range of rewards for achieving their goal.
Instructions 5 min
- Share the ReachOut.com article 'Tips for getting and staying motivated' with the class.
- Ask students to write one goal they wish to achieve.
- Ask students to write a list of rewards that can help motivate them for each time they complete a task relating to their goal.
- Students discuss with the class the rewards they would use.
- Students can also share previous experiences of achieving their goals and describe the rewards they used to help motivate them.
Create an account to view the resource
Create an account to access all of our resources and recieve our newsletter with health tools & tips, and upcoming teaching resources.Create account
Already have an account? Log in here.