Social media has increasingly become an everyday component of people's lives. Students use social media to connect with their friends. It’s important that students recognise what online behaviours might be impacting on their personal wellbeing.
- Students evaluate their personal stressors using social media and strategies to reduce their impact.
By the end of the lesson, students will be able to:
- understand factors from social media that make them feel upset, stressed, overwhelmed or anxious
- identify strategies for feeling less stressed online.
Class discussion: Taking control of my social media 10 min
- As a class, discuss the question: ‘What is the impact of using social media on an individual’s wellbeing?’.
- Ask a class to brainstorm how people can reduce the impact social media has on their mental health and wellbeing.
Create an account to view the resource
Create an account to access all of our resources and recieve our newsletter with health tools & tips, and upcoming teaching resources.Create account
Already have an account? Log in here.