Studying is more than reading notes over and over. Knowing how to study effectively can be a challenge for students. This lesson explores effective study methods and hacks to support students’ academic and personal success.
Students will learn practical strategies to enhance their study routines and manage the stress of exams.
By the end of the lesson, students will be able to:
- identify effective study hacks for personal use
- reflect on which study hacks or methods are useful, and why
- create their own Study Hack Pack to support them with homework and studying.
PMI chart: Study hacks 25 min
- Play the ReachOut video ‘Study Hacks’ for the class.
- During and after watching, have students record their responses to the study hacks discussed in the video in a three-column PMI (Positive, Minus and Interesting) chart that they draw in their notebooks.
- Direct students to write down any hacks they like or think are useful under the ‘P’ column, any they dislike in the ‘M’ column, and any that are interesting or new in the ‘I’ column.
- Once finished, students share a summary of their responses on the whiteboard. Encourage them to discuss why they find a particular study hack effective or relevant, and whether they have tried any other study hacks before.
Create an account to view the resource
Create an account to access all of our resources and recieve our newsletter with health tools & tips, and upcoming teaching resources.Create account
Already have an account? Log in here.