Students practise having conversations to support friends experiencing mental health difficulties.
- Students learn how to ask a friend if they are okay if they have concerns about their mental health.
By the end of the lesson, students will be able to:
- ask a friend if they’re okay
- know what to do if their friend does or doesn’t want help.
Instructions 5 min
- Ask students to read ‘How to ask a friend if they’re ok’.
- Discuss as a class what you could do if a friend doesn’t want help. Refer students to the article ‘What to do when someone doesn’t want help’.
- Discuss with students the barriers they might experience when trying to help a friend and why sharing their concerns could help their friend.
Create an account to view the resource
Create an account to access all of our resources and recieve our newsletter with health tools & tips, and upcoming teaching resources.Create account
Already have an account? Log in here.