Social media platforms have terms of service, which are the legal agreement between the platform and the user. In a rush to sign up, students may not read the agreements. Teaching students about the terms of service of platforms helps them to make informed online choices.
Students will be able to explain the terms of service that govern social platforms.
By the end of the lesson, students will be able to:
- critically think about different social media platforms
- understand the terms of service of the social media platforms they use.
Class discussion: What is social media? 20 min
- What does ‘social media’ mean?
- What makes a digital platform social media?
- How many social media platforms can you think of? Make a list.
- Which social media platforms do you use or are you likely to use?
Tip: if students are struggling to understand the concept of social media, explain that at its core, social media involves two way engagement. Examples of engagement can include commenting, talking, posting, sharing and ‘liking’.
Create an account to view the resource
Create an account to access all of our resources and recieve our newsletter with health tools & tips, and upcoming teaching resources.Create account
Already have an account? Log in here.